Most people who make presentations at work have had little
or no training in presentation technique. Without training and
usually because they are anxious, even experienced presenters
develop somevery common bad habits and poor practices that seriously
detract from the quality of their presentations. This one and
a half day program enables you to deliver papers or reports
at professional meetings in a dynamic and informative way. The
skills learned in this course last a lifetime and instill confidence
and integrity in those who master them.
You Will Learn How To:
Specific skills are practiced and learned in sequence.
Once learned, they are integrated into succeeding exercises until
all have been covered. The teaching is assisted by videotaping of
all presentations with immediate viewing by the learner, peer feedback and instructor coaching.
- Reduce your anxiety and channel your nervous energy productively
- Maintain personal contact with the audience
- Gesture appropriately and speak at the correct presentation volume
- Design and handle visual aids skillfully
- Control question and answer sessions professionally
You Will Benefit By:
Who Should Attend:
- Preparing a formal presentation using a format appropriate to the message
- Making a presentation that is well-paced in terms of time and content
- Staying in constant personal contact with the audience
- Applying the appropriate volume, energy and gestures to your presentations
- Designing and using visual aids so that they create interest and support the message
- Always appearing poised, authoritative and in control
Anyone who is charged with creating and delivering presentations to superiors,
peers or subordinates should learn the skills and techniques taught in this hands-on course.
Anyone who is fearful, timid or embarrassed about speaking in front of others should enroll
in this seminar to become a dynamic presenter of ideas.